Tuesday 10 May 2016

Creative Scrapbooker Magazine


I’m not one to submit my layouts for publishing, but a few Scrapfest’s ago I was at the then Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine (Now Creative Scrapbooker Magazine) booth chatting it up with Katharina Doyle. During that conversation she encouraged me to submit my layouts. That meant having to keep track of all my materials, techniques and processes used. Which, I am really not that good at. Those that know me, know that I fly by the seat of my creative pants and just let the art take me where it takes me.
Since then, every so often I would look at the submissions page to see what the requirements were for the upcoming issue. This time I came across the "Double The Fun" Kelly Klapstein Sketch for the Fall 2016 issue. I had some photo’s I needed a put on a double page and thought “why not?” I created the double page, kept it simple compared to my standard style and submitted it. Then I waited. I didn’t put much thought into it after I pushed the send button. I just kept scrapbooking and being creative.
Yesterday  I got an email from Jackie Ludlage, Co-founder & Editor-in-Chief of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine, letting me know that they would like to publish the layout I submitted. Woooo Hoooooo. Am I excited ? Heck Yeah ! Of course I am. Wouldn’t you be !
Well I can’t tell you which layout it is and I can’t show it to you. You’ll just have to pick up a copy of Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Fall 2016 issue to check it out.
Off to the Post Office I go !
 


4 comments:

  1. So very happy for you--your layouts are gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Great news and well-deserved. Congrats, Irena!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girlie, your layouts are always amazing. Keep submitting, you've got talent. ❤️☺️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies.
    I will definately be submitting more. Ontario needs more representation in Creative Scrabooker.

    ReplyDelete