Friday 9 December 2016

Merry December Daily

There are so many things I love about Christmas and the days that lead up to it. From the decorating, backing, which I'm not very good at, to the shopping and just enjoying my time with family and friends.
 
Back in 2013 a good friend got me to make my first December Daily album. I absolutely loved the process, the end result and the memories were captured.
 
When 2014 came around I opted out of making an album thinking it would be repetitive. I was very wrong. There were many firsts for our family, and I didn't document them. That was a BIG mistake on my part, one I will not be making again.
 
I want my girls to always remember our traditions, special days, a special cookie recipe, time spent with family and friends. I capture little moments and things I like. I make it as big or small as I want. It is after all our December and our Christmas.
 
Follow along and I will take you through some of the pages and ideas on creating your own December Daily to enjoy for years to come.
 
I use a Simple Stories album and refill pages to start. I do one page per day to document our lives in December.
 
My first page is always a cover page of my choice. This year it was a photo of an old car in a winter wonderland. I printed it twice and cut out key elements such as the wreath on the grill, the coffee mug on the front fender and the gifts on the roof. I pop there off of the page to give them dimension and texture.

 
 
I always include a December calendar as one of my pages. I add to it a picture banner of my choice. I also add events that are pre-planned. I add glitter and embelishments and sparkle it up. 

 
I love being able to add glitter, gems, sparkly ribbon and little touches I pick up along the way. 

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment